- 2001-2003: Associate in Industrial Technology/Commercial Graphics from Midlands Technical College.
- 2000-2003: Graphic Designer with American Sign Shops, Lexington, SC
- 2003-2013: Graphic Designer/Document and Fulfillment Coordinator/Account Representative with Colonial Life Insurance, Columbia, SC
- 2013-Present: Digital Art & Design Instructor, Lexington Technology Center, Lexington, SC
- Member since 2005: Digital Art & Design Curriculum Standards Committee with the South Carolina Department of Education, Office of Career and Technology Education.
- Owner since 2008: Freelance design and photography business.
- I enjoy taking day/camping trips with my husband to the mountains of Asheville, NC or heading to any number of beaches along the South Carolina coast. I have two dogs and one cat that all think I’m crazy, but have decided to keep me!
Digital Art and Design 1
Grades 11, 10, 12 (2 units)
This course is designed for students who have an interest in pursuing a career in the graphic design field. The course begins with a basic understanding of design, color theory and typography, then moves on to build electronic design skills in corporate identity, advertising, packaging and other areas. Projects are designed to allow freedom of expression and individual interpretation. These hands-on projects are produced on computers using the latest software. Students also have access to scanners, digital cameras and color laser printers.
Digital Art and Design 2 (LTC)
Grades 12, 11 (2 units)
Prerequisite: Digital Art and Design 1
This course is a continuation of Digital Art and Design 1 and includes further study in the graphic field. It also includes portfolio development and presentation, along with a focus on job resumé application and interview.
Students may be eligible to participate in cooperative work experiences or apprenticeships, which combine career and technology training with supervised work experience in business and industry. Students who complete this program may be eligible to exempt CGC 110 at Midlands Technical College.
Links that will take you directly to the website for Midlands Technical College program page for “Commercial Graphics”. Students can use knowledge from our Digital Art & Design class and apply to any of these programs offered at MTC.