The Global Cardboard Challenge is an annual initiative of the Imagination Foundation. Inspired by the short file, "Caine's Arcade," the Cardboard Challenge is a worldwide celebration of child creativity and the role communities can play in fostering it. We invite kids to design and build awesome creations using cardboard, recycled materials and imagination to raise money to support local charities.
Every school year, students in the LTC Building Construction program build a 1700 sq ft home from start to finish. Students complete all aspects of the buildout including framing, drywall, custom built cabinetry and more. Each summer the home is auctioned to raise funds to support the program and fund the next home for next school year.
About the Home
- 1700 square foot (open living)
- Split floor plan – master on one side and 2 bedrooms on the other side
- Kitchen includes: stove, microwave range hood, refrigerator and dishwasher
- Primed walls
- Energy windows and doors
- Includes all plumbing and electric
- Does not include HVAC or hot water heater
Buying the Home
- Contact the District Office for a buyer information package (Carol Norfleet at 803-821-1109)
Photos of the 2016-2017 House:
December 2 & 3, 2015
8:30am - 3:00pm
Jingle Bell • Red • White